Kwale, Dagoretti and Nyakach shine in regional games
National and East Africa Secondary Schools football champions Kwale Girls were held to a 1-1 draw by St Johns Kaloleni as Coast Region Term Two games began yesterday at Malindi High School.
Fired up national netball champions Kaya Tiwi drubbed Kiongwe from Lamu 110-2. St Charles of Mombasa beat Kachororoni 41-11, Bura Girls edged out Tarasaa 38-12 while Kibokoni upset former champions Matuga Girls 28-23.
Kwale Girls were ahead in the 32nd minute when Catherine Aringo scored a penalty. However, 2016 national winners St Johns Kaloleni levelled the score eight minutes into the second half. In other girls under 19 match, Ngao beat Mama Ngina 3-1.
In Nairobi, boys under 19 football champions Dagoretti High will launch their title defence in Group A today. Dagoretti will capitalise on home advantage when they take on Our Lady of Fatima and later on Sunflower in their last pool match.
In Kisumu, Nyakach Girls humiliated St Mathews Mulumba Girls 11-0 in girls’ football. Having won three titles during county school games, Nyakach thrashed Mokomoni Girls 46-3 in netball.
Siaya County giants Obambo Girls also saw off Bishop Abiero 19-12 before Kobala beat Kadika 37-9. They beat Siaya County’s Lwak Girls 3-0 in straight sets as St Vincents saw off Sironga by a similar margin.
- Athletes set for Kabarak Half MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- Barcelona starlet Fati granted Spanish citizenshipFootball 2 days ago
- SA and Spain sides headline Safari SevensRugby 2 days ago
- Clinical Ireland see off Scots in Yokohama drizzleRugby 6 hours ago
- Manchester United reminded of how far they’ve fallenFootball 7 hours ago
- Wambui and Kageha out of Kenya team to world meetAthletics 2 days ago
- Slum Boys ready to disarm Ulinzi in MachakosFootball 2 days ago