'SHE’S A MAN': Shock in Eldoret after ‘female’ athlete is exposed [Photos]
There was drama in an Eldoret court on Tuesday, June 18 after a ‘female’ athlete was exposed as a man.
Hillary Kiprotich, who identified himself as one Shieys Chepkosgei was arraigned in court for impersonating a female nurse at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital on June 14.
According to Victor Omondi, the investigating officer, Chepkosgei was dressed in nurses’ uniform and was working at the Emergency Section as Pamela Mulupi before other nurses grew suspicious and alerted the police after failing to find such a name on the interns register.
He was remanded at the Eldoret GK Women Prison.
‘Chepkosgei’ confirmed to the court that he is indeed a man – who associates more with the female gender, even though his passport, National ID and birth certificate identified him as female.
He, according to the investigation officer, has participated in international marathons, winning three medals.
“I was identified as a male, but when I became an athlete, I registered myself as female,” he told the court.
The court magistrate ruled he ‘Chepkosgei’ be remanded for 10 days while investigations on his gender take place.
He is yet to plead to any charges with the case set to be mentioned in June 27.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 2 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago