Mixed reactions as Man United fans predict when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be sacked
Manchester United fans have been divided on the club’s way forward after Premier League fixtures for the upcoming season were released on Thursday.
Some supporters have gone to the extent of predicting when their manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be shown the door at the club.
While a section of them drop doomsday predictions for their newly appointed manager, others believe the club, which has seen its fortunes drop significantly in recent years could capitalize on a favourable start.
The Red Devils, who finished behind Arsenal last season will open their campaign against Chelsea at Old Trafford before travelling to stubborn Wolves followed by Palace, Southampton, West Ham and Arsenal.
With the fixture list out there, Solskjaer will be hoping that his team, who recently signed speed demon Daniel James this week can use the first 10 games to claw themselves back into top four.
One supporter pinpointed the fixture against newly promoted Norwich City on October 26 as the Norwegian’s last at the Theatre of Dreams after a calamitous 2-0 loss.
However, an optimistic supporter thinks the Old Trafford outfit are able to sustain a 15 game winning streak when the season kicks off in August.
Another thinks that Ole will be able to hold on until December before succumbing to the pressure with just 3 wins in the first 14 League games.
There is another one who believes Jürgen Klopp will sack Ole after a loss in the fixture against rivals Liverpool.
The Norwegian tactician started well after taking over from sacked Mourinho but faded away after being confirmed as permanent boss. This has killed the fans’ faith in returning to the top four in the upcoming campaign.
No wonder, one of the pessimistic supporters identified the home game against Leicester on September 13 as the manager’s last.
- Enjoyment of golf may be enhanced by pretty birdsGolf 2 days ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 1 day ago
- Kibet shocks top guns to secure worlds spotAthletics 2 days ago
- Harambee Stars striker Olunga named August player of the monthFootball 2 days ago
- Steeplechaser Chepkoech off to Doha with maiden win in KenyaAthletics 2 days ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 1 day ago
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 1 day ago