Gesero soccer team emerge winners in Kisii schools competition
Gesero Secondary School Boys Soccer Team has vowed to win during the Nyanza Schools regional games championship to be held at Kisumu Boys later this month.
Gesero retained the soccer under 19 title after a tough 4-3 post match penalties win over Nduru Boys after the teams ended the game to a barren draw after extra time during finals held.
In the penalty shootout, Julius Nyamwaka, Clinton Nyaata, Samuel Maiko and Bivon Momanyi scored for Gesero while Oliver Fanuel, Rooney Gardy, Tyson Saliku and George Tatiro scored for Nduru Boys.
Gesero Girls Soccer team beat Kerongorori Girls team 3-1 in post-match penalties to retain the girl’s title in the Kisii County Games held at Nyachogochogo Secondary School yesterday.
Mobamba beat Tendere 2-1 to win the boy’s under 16 soccer trophy with Thomas Nyakundi scoring twice for Mobamba while Adrian Momanyi scored the consolation goal for Tendere Boys.
Riyabu came from two goals behind to beat Omobera 3-2 to lift the under 16 girls’ soccer title with Peris Asami, Milka Abeti and Esther Osito scoring for Riyabu while Kadosi Moremi and Cynthia Ooga scored for Omobera.
Mogonga Secondary retained the netball title for the sixth consecutive year, the team led by Mary Ooko who was named the player of the tournament saw off Gesicho 47-11 in the one sided final game.
Mogonga High School won the Boys Volleyball cup by defeating their rivals Sengera SDA 3-0 (25-22, 25-13, 25-20) in a competitive final held at Nyachogochogo secondary to retain the Kisii County title with both teams proceeding to the regionals games.
In the third place play off, Kisii High School defeated Mobamba Secondary School by straight sets of 25-22, 26-24, 25-20 in the Boys Volleyball competition.
In the Girls Volleyball competition, Saint Vincent Omwari upset title holders Sengera SDA 3-2 (22-25, 25-18, 26-24, 14-24, 15-13) in a tough final to win the girls’ title.
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 1 day ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 1 day ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago