Two fans injured in Baku before Europa League final
Two fans have been injured in Baku ahead of the Europa League final between Arsenal and Chelsea, Azerbaijani authorities have confirmed.
It is unclear whether the confrontations were between rival fans or between travelling supporters and locals in the capital.
Most reports in the lead-up to the match have suggested Arsenal and Chelsea fans have been mixing happily after both sides sent back a large proportion of their ticket allocation.
Supporters milled around Baku's fan park on the picturesque shores of the Caspian Sea, with fans of both clubs flocking in from all around the globe.
A lack of direct flights from the UK left many Chelsea and Arsenal supporters to give up the ghost, but those hardy souls who did travel had to dig deep for both money and time.
European bosses UEFA had selected Baku to host this final almost two years ago, and circumstances have quickly conspired in the last month to send two London clubs into the final.
Many Chelsea and Arsenal fans felt priced out of attending, with no direct flights and tricky travel routes to Baku.
Some fans spent more than £900 each on flights, making two stops en route to Baku.
Arsenal will secure a place in next season's Champions League with victory, while Chelsea are already assured of their spot at Europe's top table next season after finishing third in the Premier League.
The Blues are bidding for a second Europa League crown after tasting glory in 2013, while it would represent Arsenal's first European trophy since the 1994 Cup Winners' Cup.
- Arsenal to hold talks with Carlo AncelottiPremier League 2 days ago
- Australian Barty named WTA Player of the YearTennis 2 days ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers promise to deliver Olympics slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Gritty Thunder strike Ulinzi WarriorsBasketball 2 days ago
- Man United and Liverpool in transfer battle to sign Bayer Leverkusen talentPremier League 2 days ago