Who is Sheikh Khaled? Everything we know about Newcastle United 'buyer'
Mike Ashley's time as owner of Newcastle United could be coming to an end.
Ashley, who has had a poor relationship with Newcastle's fanbase during his ownership, has been looking for a buyer for the club since putting it up for sale 2017.
The Sun reports Ashley will now stand down after 12 years in charge on Tyneside after agreeing to sell the club for £350 million.
The publication claims Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is set to become the Magpies' new owner with contracts already signed and submitted to the league.
But what do we know about the club's potential buyer?
The 61-year-old is a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family and is also one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Gulf states.
He graduated with a degree in business administration from Boston University before completing a PHD in finance at Michigan State University.
He set up the Bin Zayed Group in 1988 with a focus in the areas of construction and energy, trading and industry, real estate, and technology and financial services.
Although his personal wealth is unknown, his family is thought to be worth around £150 billion.
Sheikh Khaled is president of the UAE Sailing and Rowing Federation and attempted a £2billion takeover of Liverpool last year, but failed in his mission to do so.
Although he does not yet have any direct experience in running a football club, there is a strong history of it in his family.
He is the cousin of Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also showed interest in buying Newcastle in 2008.
Mansour eventually went on to buy Manchester City and has transformed the club into the best team in the Premier League.
He recently witnessed his team secure back-to-back Premier League titles before completing an historic domestic treble.
- Why Salah is the reason Man City will win Premier LeaguePremier League 2 months ago
- AFCON: Gonzalez among six arrivals as Harambee Stars camp in France swellsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars to pocket over Sh450 million if they win AFCONFootball 14 hours ago
- ‘Being rejected by foster family as a teenager fuelled my success’ – De BruyneFootball 2 months ago
- Caster Semenya loses landmark legal case over testosterone levelsAthletics 1 month ago
- Video: Racism? Valencia fan spits at arsenal hat trick hero AubameyangFootball 1 month ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 2 months ago