Chelsea's Kante a doubt for Europa League final - reports
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante is a doubt for Wednesday’s Europa League final against Arsenal in Baku after sustaining a knee injury in training over the weekend, according to British media reports.
The France international missed Chelsea’s previous two games with a hamstring injury but returned to training last week and manager Maurizio Sarri was confident he would be fit for the club’s season-ending showpiece in the Azerbaijan capital.
Both the Times and Guardian newspapers reported that Kante had twisted his knee during a training session on Saturday and was not likely to recover in time for the final.
The 28-year-old’s absence is a blow for Sarri, who is already without the services of defender Antonio Rudiger, midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek and winger Callum Hudson-Odoi due to injuries.
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago
- Narok: Stadium to be named after NtimamaSports 2 days ago
- Boxing: Boxers take their fight to Kisumu for final legBoxing 2 days ago
- FKF Mombasa sub-branch petition Fifa over ‘flawed election guidelines’Football 2 days ago
- Champs GSU ready for KVF national play-offsVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes brace for busy season ahead as AK release next season’s calendarAthletics 2 days ago