Chelsea's Kante a doubt for Europa League final - reports
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante is a doubt for Wednesday’s Europa League final against Arsenal in Baku after sustaining a knee injury in training over the weekend, according to British media reports.
The France international missed Chelsea’s previous two games with a hamstring injury but returned to training last week and manager Maurizio Sarri was confident he would be fit for the club’s season-ending showpiece in the Azerbaijan capital.
Both the Times and Guardian newspapers reported that Kante had twisted his knee during a training session on Saturday and was not likely to recover in time for the final.
The 28-year-old’s absence is a blow for Sarri, who is already without the services of defender Antonio Rudiger, midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek and winger Callum Hudson-Odoi due to injuries.
- Harambee Stars: Ready for mother of all battlesFootball 2 weeks ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 2 weeks ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 2 weeks ago