Kenyans should enjoy UCL final, says Sergi Gomez
Victor Wanyama and Divock Origi's presence in the final of the Uefa Champions League for Tottenham and Liverpool has got the attention of Sevilla defender Sergi Gomez.
The former Barcelona player wants Kenyans to savour the moment on June 1 saying it doesn't happen always that players with the same heritage from Africa meet in the final.
"I understand Divock has Kenyan roots and so is Victor of Tottenham. What a day it will be for Kenyans," Gomez said.
"At least Kenyans have something to look forward to with Wanyama and Origi in the final of the Champions League," Gomez said.
The former Barcelona defender is in Dar es Salaam with his current club for the LaLiga World Challenge powered by SportPesa.
Sevilla coach Joaquin Caparros has said that LaLiga is special because it keeps attracting big names in world football and that LaLiga is always a player’s dream league.
Simba SC now a limited liability company
Simba SC CEO Cresentus Magori believes a change in the management structure of the club is behind the recent successes the Tanzanian giants have achieved in the last three years.
The 20-time Tanzania champions have changed their structure from a members' association to a public limited liability company called Simba Sports Club Limited.
"It is no surprise that we have regularly competed in the Caf tournaments with relative success," Magori said.
"The new structure is paying off. Now with new relationships with clubs like Sevilla, we hope to build on it to ensure we dominate Tanzanian football and beyond," he said.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago