Hazard joins Dortmund on five-year deal
Borussia Dortmund confirmed on Wednesday they have signed Thorgan Hazard, the younger brother of Chelsea star Eden, on a five-year deal form Borussia Moenchengladbach.
The 26-year-old winger announced in April that he was joining Dortmund, who finished runners-up in the Bundesliga this season, with only the details of the transfer to sort out.
"I am grateful for five great years at Borussia Moenchengladbach and the wonderful memories," said Hazard in a statement on Dortmund's club website.
"Now was exactly the right point in time to take the next step in my career.
"I am proud to be able to play for Borussia Dortmund - it is a top club with unbelievable fans."
Germany's top-selling daily Bild says the transfer should cost about 25 million euros ($28m) plus add-ons.
The Belgium international scored 46 goals and provided 44 assists in 182 appearances for Gladbach.
"We are very pleased that Thorgan was fully convinced about joining Borussia Dortmund," said sports director Michael Zorc.
"He is an experienced Bundesliga professional and Belgian national player who will help us with his speed and the quality of his finishing.
"He has proven his class over the past few years."
Hazard is the third new signing to join Dortmund for next season.
Germany international Nico Schulz will arrive from Hoffenheim in a deal worth 27 million euros, while teenage defender Mateu Morey, 19, is joining on a free transfer.
- Neymar gets lucky ahead of Real Madrid clash, Champions League ban reducedFootball 1 day ago
- Blow for Kenya as Manangoi is ruled out of Doha WorldsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cheruiyot earns promotion ahead of World ChampionshipsAthletics 2 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks down in tears during TV interview after seeing late dad Football 2 days ago
- Tottenham held by Olympiakos after blowing two-goal leadFootball 6 hours ago
- Man United worries disappear after De Gea signs new contractFootball 1 day ago
- World reacts to Kamworor’s new Half Marathon recordAthletics 2 days ago