Hazard joins Dortmund on five-year deal
Borussia Dortmund confirmed on Wednesday they have signed Thorgan Hazard, the younger brother of Chelsea star Eden, on a five-year deal form Borussia Moenchengladbach.
The 26-year-old winger announced in April that he was joining Dortmund, who finished runners-up in the Bundesliga this season, with only the details of the transfer to sort out.
"I am grateful for five great years at Borussia Moenchengladbach and the wonderful memories," said Hazard in a statement on Dortmund's club website.
"Now was exactly the right point in time to take the next step in my career.
"I am proud to be able to play for Borussia Dortmund - it is a top club with unbelievable fans."
Germany's top-selling daily Bild says the transfer should cost about 25 million euros ($28m) plus add-ons.
The Belgium international scored 46 goals and provided 44 assists in 182 appearances for Gladbach.
"We are very pleased that Thorgan was fully convinced about joining Borussia Dortmund," said sports director Michael Zorc.
"He is an experienced Bundesliga professional and Belgian national player who will help us with his speed and the quality of his finishing.
"He has proven his class over the past few years."
Hazard is the third new signing to join Dortmund for next season.
Germany international Nico Schulz will arrive from Hoffenheim in a deal worth 27 million euros, while teenage defender Mateu Morey, 19, is joining on a free transfer.
- Gor Mahia tackle Tusker in action-packed weekendFootball 1 month ago
- Pigamingi: What next for Kenyans in professional golf tours?Golf 2 months ago
- Maradona dismisses new film, angry at being dubbed a ‘hustler’Football 1 month ago
- Schwarzenegger has revealed why he was attacked with flying kick in South Africa Sports 1 month ago
- CAF president arrestedFootball 2 weeks ago
- Tottenham 4-0 Huddersfield: Lucas Moura hat-trick keeps top-four dream aliveFootball 2 months ago
- How Uganda ended 41-year wait for AFCON victoryFootball 2 days ago