Arnold Schwarzenegger has FINALLY revealed why he was attacked with a flying kick
Arnold Schwarzenegger has assured fans that “there is nothing to worry about him” revealing that the assailant who struck him with a flying kick at a sports event in South Africa on Saturday was simply trying to become famous.
The 71-year-old former bodybuilder was chatting with fans at the Arnold Classic Africa, an event showcasing body-building and other sports, in Johannesburg when he was kicked from behind.
"There is nothing to worry about. I thought I was just jostled by the crowd, which happens a lot," the star of the "Terminator" films wrote on Twitter, thanking fans for their concern.
He said that he only realised he was kicked when he saw the video.
"I only realized I was kicked when I saw the video like all of you. I'm just glad the idiot didn't interrupt my Snapchat," he added.
Hours later he sent out another tweet asking fans not to share the footage to avoid making the attacker famous.
"Do me a favor: instead of sharing the video of the guy who wants to be famous, watch some of our @ArnoldSports athletes like this young hero proving that fitness is for everyone who deserve to be famous. They're on my Snapchat," he wrote.
He later urged fans to focus on the athletes at the event instead of the attack.
‘And if you have to share the video (I get it), pick a blurry one without whatever he was yelling so he doesn’t get the spotlight. By the way… block or charge?
‘We have 90 sports here in South Africa at the @ArnoldSports, and 24,000 athletes of all ages and abilities inspiring all of us to get off the couch. Let’s put this spotlight on them,”he wrote.
A video of the incident posted by Schwarzenegger showed he was not felled by the kick.
The assailant was quickly grabbed by a security guard who took him away.
There is no official word from South Africa authorities and the event organizers on what happened to the kicker.
However, there are reports saying that Schwarzenegger will not be pressing charges against the unknown assailant.
- Top footballer declared missing after swimming accidentFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago