Athlete shocks the world, performs incredible 'Superman dive' to win race [Photos]
An American athletics prodigy has written himself into track folklore by performing a 'superman dive' to narrowly win a 400m hurdles race.
Infinite Tucker, who attends Texas A&M University, was out front in the race with only one realistic competitor.
Tucker, who finished second in the same race last year, was not about to finish runner-up again as he dived over the line before flopping down onto the track as he recovered from the exertion.
He was quick to play down the dramatic victory over teammate Robert Grant saying: "I saw my [mother] at the finish, and I jumped to give her a hug. And that's all it is."
As the two approached the finishing the line, the commentator exclaims "Yes, he dives for the tape!"
"He was second last year, he wasn't about to leave it on the track, and he wins it."
Upon watching the reply the co-commentator cries "And look at that finish, diving he goes superman style across the finish line to get the victory."
A huge cheers goes up from the crowd as Tucker flops over the line.
Exhausted after the win, he lies on the track facing upwards, before members of his team, including his training partner, come over to make sure he is okay.
- Blow to Chelsea as star ruled out of Europa League tieFootball 2 weeks ago
- Alex Ferguson delivers bad news to ole Gunnar about his appointment Football 1 day ago
- Malnourished teacher found alive after 17 days lost in forest Sports 22 hours ago
- Ex-Arsenal star: I almost committed suicideFootball 1 month ago
- Bayern bid farewell to two stars as transfer business hots upFootball 1 week ago
- Football: Robben admits he may never play for Bayern againFootball 1 month ago
- Paris Marathon: Sunday event to attract 60,000 competitors Athletics 1 month ago