Athlete shocks the world, performs incredible 'Superman dive' to win race [Photos]
An American athletics prodigy has written himself into track folklore by performing a 'superman dive' to narrowly win a 400m hurdles race.
Infinite Tucker, who attends Texas A&M University, was out front in the race with only one realistic competitor.
Tucker, who finished second in the same race last year, was not about to finish runner-up again as he dived over the line before flopping down onto the track as he recovered from the exertion.
He was quick to play down the dramatic victory over teammate Robert Grant saying: "I saw my [mother] at the finish, and I jumped to give her a hug. And that's all it is."
As the two approached the finishing the line, the commentator exclaims "Yes, he dives for the tape!"
"He was second last year, he wasn't about to leave it on the track, and he wins it."
Upon watching the reply the co-commentator cries "And look at that finish, diving he goes superman style across the finish line to get the victory."
A huge cheers goes up from the crowd as Tucker flops over the line.
Exhausted after the win, he lies on the track facing upwards, before members of his team, including his training partner, come over to make sure he is okay.
- Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talentsFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago