US college track star performs incredible 'superman dive' to win race
An American athletics prodigy has written himself into track folklore by performing a 'superman dive' to narrowly win a 400m hurdles race.
Infinite Tucker, who attends Texas A&M University, was out front in the race with only one realistic competitor.
Tucker, who finished second in the same race last year, was not about to finish runner-up again as he dived over the line before flopping down onto the track as he recovered from the exertion.
He was quick to play down the dramatic victory over teammate Robert Grant saying: "I saw my [mother] at the finish, and I jumped to give her a hug. And that's all it is."
As the two approached the finishing the line, the commentator exclaims "Yes, he dives for the tape!"
"He was second last year, he wasn't about to leave it on the track, and he wins it."
Upon watching the reply the co-commentator cries "And look at that finish, diving he goes superman style across the finish line to get the victory."
A huge cheer went up from the crowd as Tucker flopped over the line.
Exhausted after the win, he lied on the track facing upwards, before members of his team, including his training partner, came over to make sure he was okay.
- Murray's pre-season training interrupted by groin injuryTennis 2 days ago
- Premier League confirms Masters as new chief executivePremier League 2 days ago
- Liverpool ready to move for Salburg star Minamino in the January transfer windowPremier League 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man United to sign Japan star Minamino Premier League 2 days ago
- Former Liverpool FC WAG guilty of funding terrorism over ISIS supportPremier League 2 days ago
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 1 day ago