Ivan Rakitic to leave Barcelona amid problems with Lionel Messi over dictatorship
Barcelona already have a bloated midfield, with the likes of Sergio Busquets, Arthur, Coutinho and many more already at the club. The imminent arrival of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax will only make things worse for Ivan Rakitic as the Catalans look to free up space in the squad by getting rid of the Croatia International.
The midfielder has been a regular for Ernesto Valverde’s side, signalling the coach’s love for the player’s style of play. But reports have sparked fears among his fans as they have claimed he is looking for a departure in the summer.
The key reason why the Croat wants an exit is that Lionel Messi’s say on player transfers at the club is too much and he feels it is impacting the club negatively.
The Argentine has a vast say in key matters at the club and Rakitic feels that the situation is preventing the club from growing as only players who are in good terms with him are being offered new deals while others are being overlooked.
Rakitic has also accused Messi of Favouritism because the club had promised to give him a new contract but that has not been the case recently and he thinks it is because of the Messi’s dictatorship.
It now looks like the 2018 World Cup silver medallist will leave the Camp Nou with PSG in line to take him to France.
- Premier League winner to leave club after 11 yearsFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyan runner Wambui fears testosterone rules will end careerAthletics 1 month ago
- [VIDEO] Salah flinches away from reporter in Madrid as he thought she tried kissing himFootball 3 weeks ago
- Diego Costa banned for the rest of the seasonFootball 2 months ago
- Manchester United close to announcing second signing in two weeksFootball 6 days ago
- School games: Laiser Hill start title defence with victoryBasketball 2 months ago
- Manchester United superstars in rift over scoring bonusesFootball 1 month ago