Salah and Firmino both OUT of Liverpool vs Barcelona second leg
Jurgen Klopp has confirmed both Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino will be unavailable for Liverpool's Champions League semi-final second leg against Barcelona.
Salah suffered a head injury in the Reds' win at Newcastle on Saturday and has not recovered in time to be available against the Catalan giants at Anfield.
The Egyptian will remain sidelined due to concussion protocol, but will be available for the Reds' Premier League finale against Cardiff on Sunday.
Firmino suffered an injury in training ahead of Liverpool's 5-0 win against Liverpool, but did play from the bench in the first leg in the Nou Camp.
He was again absent against Newcastle and will not feature against the Blaugrana.
Klopp said: "Both Mo and Roberto are not available.
"The approach is that we try to win the game. The situation is not what you want in a second leg. You can’t play Barca and saw ‘world watch this’.
"We try to win the game and if the result gets us through then we will try. There is just a little chance to make the season longer. I think we should celebrate the last two games."
On Salah, he added: "It is a concussion. That means he is not allowed to play.
"He feels OK but it isn’t good enough from a medical point of view."
- Football: K’Ogalo stop Lingala boys in Cecafa Kagame Cup openerFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- KPL: KCB appoints Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as head coachFootball 2 months ago