Kenya face Namibia in ICC World T20 qualifier opener
Kenya women will today launch their campaign for the continental ticket to the 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World T20 qualifier set for August in Scotland.
Kenyans will take on Namibia in their opening Group B match of the Africa qualifiers at Takashinga Cricket Club in Harare, Zimbabwe. They hope to begin their bid on a high note so as to increase their chances of qualification.
They will be up against Sierra Leone and neighbours Uganda in must win matches to secure their place in the finals.
Under coach Lameck Onyango, Kenya must be at their best to pick their ticket to the global qualifier in the nine-nation battle. Hosts Zimbabwe headline Group A which has Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Veteran Margaret Ngoche captains the Kenyan side which will welcome back former skipper Daisy Wairimu who stages comeback into the team after being involved in a road accident in 2017.
Kenya will bank on experienced Ngoche in the absence of all-rounder Sarah Bhakita.
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 14 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 14 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 13 hours ago