Kenya face Namibia in ICC World T20 qualifier opener
Kenya women will today launch their campaign for the continental ticket to the 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World T20 qualifier set for August in Scotland.
Kenyans will take on Namibia in their opening Group B match of the Africa qualifiers at Takashinga Cricket Club in Harare, Zimbabwe. They hope to begin their bid on a high note so as to increase their chances of qualification.
They will be up against Sierra Leone and neighbours Uganda in must win matches to secure their place in the finals.
Under coach Lameck Onyango, Kenya must be at their best to pick their ticket to the global qualifier in the nine-nation battle. Hosts Zimbabwe headline Group A which has Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Veteran Margaret Ngoche captains the Kenyan side which will welcome back former skipper Daisy Wairimu who stages comeback into the team after being involved in a road accident in 2017.
Kenya will bank on experienced Ngoche in the absence of all-rounder Sarah Bhakita.
- Former Barca and Man City midfielder Yaya Toure has a new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- Pogba drops Man United bombshell hours before crucial derbyFootball 2 months ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 week ago
- Sevilla arrive in Tanzania tomorrowFootball 2 months ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago