Liverpool fans filmed harassing Barcelona locals, Reds boss reacts (Video)
Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore has tweeted a message to the club's supporters after footage of a Reds fan dumping a man into a fountain in Barcelona was widely shared online.
The video, which was filmed in the Plaza Reial area of the city, shows an older man in a blue fleece - who has been identified as a Reds fan by the Liverpool Echo - approaching a street seller and tipping him into the water.
A longer video from the same location shows supporters laughing as another man climbs out of the fountain and checks his phone to see if it is broken, he is then confronted by another fan who can be heard making a racist remark.
Reds CEO Moore tweeted on Wednesday morning, writing: "We proudly sing that we’ve conquered all of Europe. But let’s treat this beautiful city with the respect that it deserves, and act in a manner that is befitting of LFC.
"By all means have a good time, but we are Liverpool, and as such, let’s visit here with grace and humility.
Liverpool supporters online have condemned the footage, while Merseyside Police are aware of the video.
One fan account, 'Anfield Edition' tweeted the video and called for the club and supporters to identify the fan, writing: "Here’s the 'Liverpool fan' who tripped a Barcelona local into the fountain. Vile behaviour and not what the club is about at all.
"Think @LFC should attempt to take this further, he doesn’t represent our fan base."
Liverpool take on Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final on Wednesday night.
The Shocking video filmed in one of Barcelona's main squares:
- Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool ahead of Man Utd showdownFootball 2 days ago
- Shooters mark Mashujaa Day contest in style Sports 2 days ago
- View the official Man Utd vs Liverpool lineup (Kick-off 6:30pm Kenyan Time)Football 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge feted with the highest civilian state commendation Athletics 2 days ago
- Kenya Morans hunt down Safari Sevens titleRugby 2 days ago
- Man United end Liverpool's winning run in 1-1 drawFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Safari Sevens exposes RFUEA ground’s deplorable stateRugby 2 days ago