Kylian Mbappe on the move? Premier League clubs on red alert
Kylian Mbappe has been told to move to the Premier League or La Liga if he wants to fully realise his potential and dominate European football.
The World Cup winner scored a hat-trick for Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday to clinch the Ligue 1 title – and then insisted he was staying in the French capital.
But former Real Madrid and Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes has urged the 20-year-old to move to a European giant to emulate Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
“On one hand, it is hard to imagine or believe that a new Messi could happen,” the former Spain striker told El Mundo.
“On the other hand, we have Cristiano, with an incredible mentality. However, I see Kylian's qualities similar to those of the Portuguese.
"Barça for the last decade has been built on the image and likeness of Leo. And the next dominant project in Europe should be based on Mbappé.
"It could last 10 or 12 years at an incredible level. He must go one step further and sign for a giant of La Liga or Premier League.
"I think 21 years is the limit to leave Paris and show the world that such talent cannot be shut away.”
Mbappe, who turns 21 in December, signed for PSG from Monaco for £144m in 2018 following an initial loan spell.
- COVID-19: Sports Ministry to disburse Sh50million to athletes over two monthsFootball 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- FKF set to receive Sh20 million virus relief cash from CAFFootball -1 years ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago
- Covid-19: How KCB's Mike Kibwage is keeping his football dream aliveFootball 1 hour ago