Kylian Mbappe on the move? Premier League clubs on red alert
Kylian Mbappe has been told to move to the Premier League or La Liga if he wants to fully realise his potential and dominate European football.
The World Cup winner scored a hat-trick for Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday to clinch the Ligue 1 title – and then insisted he was staying in the French capital.
But former Real Madrid and Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes has urged the 20-year-old to move to a European giant to emulate Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
“On one hand, it is hard to imagine or believe that a new Messi could happen,” the former Spain striker told El Mundo.
“On the other hand, we have Cristiano, with an incredible mentality. However, I see Kylian's qualities similar to those of the Portuguese.
"Barça for the last decade has been built on the image and likeness of Leo. And the next dominant project in Europe should be based on Mbappé.
"It could last 10 or 12 years at an incredible level. He must go one step further and sign for a giant of La Liga or Premier League.
"I think 21 years is the limit to leave Paris and show the world that such talent cannot be shut away.”
Mbappe, who turns 21 in December, signed for PSG from Monaco for £144m in 2018 following an initial loan spell.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago