Athletics Kenya sends team to Penn Relay Championships in US
Athletics Kenya has sent a team to the 125th Penn Relay Championships which starts in Philadelphia, USA, tomorrow.
The three-day event will see the team seek qualification ahead of World Championships set for September 28 to October 6 in Doha, Qatar and 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
During the three days, track athletes from different categories -juniors, seniors and masters -will compete in the oldest and largest relay showpiece in the world. The competition starts tomorrow through to Saturday.
The squad that comprises former national champions Aaron Koech, Alphas Kishoyian, Collins Omae, Alex Sampao and Jared Momanyi will line up in 4x400m.
The women’s 4x400m includes national 400m champion Maximilla Imali, newly crowned Africa Under-20 400m champion Mary Moraa, Maureen Thomas, Joan Cherono, Gladys Nthenya and Veronica Mutua.
Frashia Mwangi, Diana Chebet, Evangeline Makena and Eunice Kadogo will lineup in women’s 4x100m race.
Men’s 4x100m features Mike Mokamba, Michael Ngugi, Walter Moenga, Stephen Barasa and Elijah Onkware.
“It’s a great opportunity for us to go and compete with best sprinters. It normally attracts best sprinters from USA, Jamaica and The Bahamas,” said Omae.
The meet will help AK pick a team to IAAF World Athletics Championships and the Olympic Games.
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Pog trouble: Shock as Pogba and Lingard almost come to blows in pre-season training (Video)Football 1 month ago
- Cheruiyot sets meet record in IAAF Diamond League Athletics 1 month ago
- Benitez unveiled as Dalian Yifang head coachFootball 1 month ago
- Take it or leave it: Man United make final offer to De GeaFootball 1 month ago
- BLUE BEAUTY! Frank Lampard takes first Chelsea training session (Photos)Football 1 month ago