Golf: Gary Ensor claims title at Diani course
Home club’s Gary Ensor beat a team of 125 golfers to claim the 2019 Easter club night stable ford golf title at the Diani’s club par 72 course in South Coast of Mombasa at the weekend.
Playing off handicap 20, Ensor posted 36 stable ford points to emerge the overall winner in the day-long stable ford tournament sponsored by the club in partnership with the Leisure Beach hotel family.
Ensor’s victory came after sinking an early rare single birdie at the par three- third hole and rolling an additional four-level pars against a mixed bogey shot in the rest of both nines.
“I’m really happy for the victory, the course is playing well and this is my first win this year. I hope to play better in the coming events in readiness for this year’s Diani beach Masters,” said Ensor.
Club mates handicap 17 Arthur Ast on a score of 35 points and handicap 29 Vanda Harries on 33 points were the second and third placed respectively.
At Ruiru Sports Club course handicap 34 Sopphie Njuguna carded an excellent score of 41 points to emerge the overall of the 2019 Haco golf tournament played at the course on Saturday.
Handicap 11 Ciira Kiiyukia on 40 points was the Men winner while handicap 24 Ben Kanyi on a countback score of 39 points was the men runners up, tying on the same points with third-placed a handicap 18 Daniel Kamau.
Margaret Kamau playing off handicap 26 claimed the lady’s title on 40 points beating handicap 34 Edith Ngugi to the runners up slot by a point’s difference.
Kimanzi Muthengi playing off handicap 18 returned a score of 44 points to claim the Guest title.
And at Nakuru course on Saturday, handicap 11 Moses Karuga carded 43 points to emerge the overall winner of the 2019 Governor’s cup ( Lee Kinyanjui).
Handicap 23 Martha Munene on 43 points was the runners up and taking up the third slot on 41 points was handicap 14 Joseph Munene.
The gross winner was won by handicap 2 John Kamis on 33 gross while Machakos’s handicap 18 Macharia Nderitu on 36 points and handicap 20 Trevor Hungi on 38 points were the guest and junior winners respectively.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago