Gritty Cherono conquers Boston, Edna second in women’s race
It was Gold for Kenya as Lawrence Cherono won his debut in Boston Marathon on Monday, beating Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia in a dramatic sprint finish.
The two broke from the leading pack with some kilometers left to run and kept together to the end.
The two; Cherono and Desidsa dashed towards the finish with the two running on the last of their reserve strength.
The Kenyan came out on top, clocking 2:07:57 while his Ethiopian counterpart came in second on 2:07:59.
Kenyan Kenneth Kipkemoi finished third on 2:08:06.
In the women’s race, Worknesh Degefa of Ethiopia won with 2:23:30 on the clock after opening a huge gap which she maintained to the end.
She was followed by Kenyan Edna Kiplagat on 2:24:14 while American Jordan Hasay came in third on 2:25:21.
WATCH: Worknesh Degefa of Ethiopia is the winner of the 2019 Boston Marathon Women's race with an unofficial finish of 2:23:30 (unofficial) pic.twitter.com/XPXPZdoyYD — WBZ | CBS Boston News (@wbz) April 15, 2019
Daniel Romanchuk of the USA won the Men’s Wheelchair race while Manuela Schar won the Women’s.
- Shame: Some Gor Mahia players arrived at Kasarani on bodabodasFootball 3 months ago
- Football: Wanga shuts door on Stars after 12-year dutyFootball 1 week ago
- Real Madrid confirm signing of star striker Football 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 2 weeks ago