Salah, Mane and Firmino will be in my pocket â€“ Brave Porto defender promises
Porto's Danilo Pereira says Liverpool's famed front three "won't pass him by" as the Portuguese outfit vow to drastically improve on last season's showing against the Reds.
Danilo wasn't part of the Porto side which lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool in last season's Champions League last-16, and he also missed the dead rubber second leg in which Sergio Conceicao's side regained some face with a goalless draw at Anfield.
And speaking back on Merseyside ahead of Tuesday night's quarter-final first leg, Danilo vowed to get the better of a Reds side he says have their weaknesses.
"It's a very offensive team," he said, via Record.
"(They) can counterattack very easily, with players very fast.
"But it has its gaps, but I'd rather not say them here because we have our strategy, but we want to exploit them to the fullest."
Sadio Mane scored a hat-trick in last season's romp at the Estadio do Dragao, with Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino adding further goals, and it was put to Danilo that his side might have a tough time stopping the Reds' famed attacking trio.
"They will not pass me by!" said Danilo, laughing.
"That's what I think and I give my all the best."
Porto will be without their captain Hector Herrera and veteran defender Pepe, both of whom are suspended.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago