Salah, Mane and Firmino will be in my pocket – Brave Porto defender promises
Porto's Danilo Pereira says Liverpool's famed front three "won't pass him by" as the Portuguese outfit vow to drastically improve on last season's showing against the Reds.
Danilo wasn't part of the Porto side which lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool in last season's Champions League last-16, and he also missed the dead rubber second leg in which Sergio Conceicao's side regained some face with a goalless draw at Anfield.
And speaking back on Merseyside ahead of Tuesday night's quarter-final first leg, Danilo vowed to get the better of a Reds side he says have their weaknesses.
"It's a very offensive team," he said, via Record.
"(They) can counterattack very easily, with players very fast.
"But it has its gaps, but I'd rather not say them here because we have our strategy, but we want to exploit them to the fullest."
Sadio Mane scored a hat-trick in last season's romp at the Estadio do Dragao, with Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino adding further goals, and it was put to Danilo that his side might have a tough time stopping the Reds' famed attacking trio.
"They will not pass me by!" said Danilo, laughing.
"That's what I think and I give my all the best."
Porto will be without their captain Hector Herrera and veteran defender Pepe, both of whom are suspended.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 week ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 week ago
- ‘Being rejected by foster family as a teenager fuelled my success’ – De BruyneFootball 3 months ago
- Photos: United flop Paul Pogba’s amazing car collection is worth £1.6mFootball 1 month ago
- Tennis star fined Sh5.7million for playing below standards at WimbledonTennis 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 2 weeks ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 week ago