Catholic Monks sets sight on top spot
Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Monks RFC will be seeking to maintain their lead at the top of the KRU Championship standings when they visit bottom-placed Ngong RFC tomorrow.
Monks bounced back with a narrow 16-15 win against Mombasa RFC last weekend and head coach Edward Opiyo is confident his charges will keep the pace and finish top.
“We won our first competitive rugby match at the coastal region last week against Mombasa and that shows how far we have come. We are willing to grow,” Opiyo said.
“Our main objective and focus is to finish at the top of the table and get ready for the championship playoffs,” he added.
Ngong lost 31-5 to ninth-placed Egerton Wasps and victory tomorrow will play a pivotal role in rescuing their chances of avoiding relegation.
In Eldoret, the inform Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be visiting fellow students University of Eldoret seeking to continue with their impressive run.
- Solskjaer faces up to reality as Barcelona roll into townFootball 1 week ago
- Man United fan stabbed by taxi driver in ParisFootball 1 month ago
- Messi back from self-imposed eight-month exile, to start against VenezuelaFootball 3 weeks ago
- Arsenal decide to dump starPremier League 1 month ago
- Why it will be tough to drive away in a Sh11m MercedesGolf 1 month ago
- Ronaldo-less Juventus stunned to put Serie A trophy on holdFootball 5 days ago
- Firmino, Mane sink Burnley to keep Liverpool in Premier League raceFootball 1 month ago