Kenya national Under-23 football team begin Road to Tokyo Olympic Games
Kenya national Under-23 football team takes on Sudan tonight hoping to go all the way and grace next year’s Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
Kenya has never played at the Olympics and the side will be keen to pull off a positive result in their quest to make history.
Harambee Stars coach Sebastian Migne said he believes the team has what it takes to get a positive result in Khartoum tonight.
“We have allowed some of our top players to feature for the Under-23 team because we believe they are good enough to go all the way,” he said.
Former Kariobangi Sharks forward Ovella Ochieng is among Harambee Stars player who will feature for the Under-23 side.
Ochieng has built great experience featuring for the senior team and is one man coach Francis Kimanzi will be relying on to get good results.
The team also has experienced defender Mike Kibwage of Premier League side KCB. Kariobangi Sharks goalkeeper Brian Bwire has been dependable between the posts and should once again be a probable start.
There is also newcomer Teddy Osok of Ulinzi Stars and Sofapaka’s dependable forward John Avire.
Sudan will be hoping to use their home-ground advantage as they seek a perfect start.
Furthermore, coach Zadvko Logarusic is a man who understands Kenyan players and local football having worked in Kenya previously.
Logarusic has had some relative successes with Sudan since he joined them two years ago.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago