Top 50 managers of all time named
Respected magazine France Football have named what they perceive to be the top 50 managers of all time - with Sir Alex Ferguson only listed second.
The Scot managed 1,500 games for Manchester United winning 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, five League Cups and two Champions League crowns.
But it wasn't enough to top the list of esteemed coaches - with legendary Dutchman Rinus Michels named as the best ever.
Michels was credited with the invention of "total football" in the 1970s and was named coach of the century by FIFA in 1999.
He played his whole career with Ajax and went on to lead them to five league titles and a European Cup as manager.
Michels also won La Liga as Barcelona boss and led the Netherlands to the World Cup final in 1974 and to European Championship glory in 1988.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is the only current Premier League manager in the top 10, with Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp in at 27th and Newcastle's Rafa Benitez listed 37th.
Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa is the only Championship boss in the list at number 48.
Only one other Brit joins Fergie in the top 10, with fellow Scot and legendary former Liverpool boss Bill Shankly named 10th. Matt Busby is a place behind at 11th.
Former Nottingham Forest manager Brian Clough is the highest-placed Englishman, named at number 15.
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago