Ronaldoless Juventus suffer first Shock Serie A defeat
Cristiano Ronaldo was rested and Juventus collapsed to their first Serie A defeat on the season, losing 2-0 to unfancied Genoa.
Juventus paid the price for resting Cristiano Ronaldo as their invincible start to the season suffered a shocking end at Genoa.
The Italian champions started the day unbeaten in Serie A and undefeated in 26 away games.
And of the back of their superb midweek Champions League comeback against Atletico Madrid, they were expected to breeze past Genoa.
But with Portuguese superstar Ronaldo rested after his hat-trick heroics in Europe, Max Allegri's side were surprisingly condemned to an almighty upset - masterminded by a Juve old boy.
After a goalless opening 45 minutes, late second-half strikes from former Juve midfielder Stefano Sturaro (72 minutes) and Goran Pandev (81 minutes) produced a brilliant win for the hosts.
- Solskjaer parks the bus just like Mourinho – Van Gaal rips into Man UnitedFootball 4 weeks ago
- The six names on Anthony Joshua's shortlist to replace drug cheat, Jarrell MillerBoxing 2 days ago
- Manchester United to meet Barcelona in Champions League quarters Football 1 month ago
- Barcelona mock Man United with brutal Messi tweetFootball 1 week ago
- Tusker withdraw from Sportpesa Shield battleFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea players ‘afraid’ Eden Hazard will quitPremier League 1 month ago
- German football lessons for Kenyan teamsFootball 3 weeks ago