Ronaldoless Juventus suffer first Shock Serie A defeat
Cristiano Ronaldo was rested and Juventus collapsed to their first Serie A defeat on the season, losing 2-0 to unfancied Genoa.
Juventus paid the price for resting Cristiano Ronaldo as their invincible start to the season suffered a shocking end at Genoa.
The Italian champions started the day unbeaten in Serie A and undefeated in 26 away games.
And of the back of their superb midweek Champions League comeback against Atletico Madrid, they were expected to breeze past Genoa.
But with Portuguese superstar Ronaldo rested after his hat-trick heroics in Europe, Max Allegri's side were surprisingly condemned to an almighty upset - masterminded by a Juve old boy.
After a goalless opening 45 minutes, late second-half strikes from former Juve midfielder Stefano Sturaro (72 minutes) and Goran Pandev (81 minutes) produced a brilliant win for the hosts.
- Messi's restaurant gives out free food, drink to homeless in ArgentinaFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester City star back with mother of his children after begging for forgivenessFootball 2 months ago
- Benitez unveiled as Dalian Yifang head coachFootball 1 month ago
- Take it or leave it: Man United make final offer to De GeaFootball 1 month ago
- BLUE BEAUTY! Frank Lampard takes first Chelsea training session (Photos)Football 1 month ago
- Pog trouble: Shock as Pogba and Lingard almost come to blows in pre-season training (Video)Football 1 month ago
- Cheruiyot sets meet record in IAAF Diamond League Athletics 1 month ago