Shujaa star Johnstone Olindi set to miss Las Vegas Sevens amid visa issues
Kenya Sevens and Homeboyz youngster Johnstone Olindi is set to miss the HSBC Sevens World Series in Las Vegas, USA this coming weekend following visa issues.
The 19 year-old half-back has been in top form this season despite poor display by the Kenya Sevens this season and his absence in Las Vegas could be felt.
Shujaa head coach Paul Murunga will be forced to reshuffle the back line due to the absence of Olindi and he confesses that the youngster’s absence is a major setback.
“We do have depth in that position and Olindi’s absence is a major setback. All the same, we have to move on. It’s out of our control and the players must rise to the occasion and deliver,” Murunga said.
The team was, however, boosted with the return of forward Herman Humwa and fullback Michael Agevi into the squad.
Kenya has been drawn in pool B with hosts USA, France and Argentina. Shujaa kick off their Las Vegas Sevens campaign against USA on Saturday, March 2 after which they will play France and Argentina respectively on the same day.
However, Murunga believes that the team has an easy fixture against France and Argentina.
“We have a good chance against France and Argentina. We have beaten both teams and so we just have to get our execution right and take our chances in both games,” Murunga said.
Shujaa have had a worst start this season collecting only 12 points in four legs. The team picked one point in Dubai, three in Cape Town, seven in Hamilton and one point in Sydney and is currently ranked 13th in the World Sevens Series one spot above the relegation zone.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago