Callum Hudson-Odoi wants League Cup final start after scoring against Malmo
Callum Hudson-Odoi still doesn't know if another goal has done enough for him to start the Carabao Cup final.
Chelsea face Manchester City on Sunday at Wembley and supporters want the 18-year-old to play.
The fans' favourite has begun just two matches in 2019 but scored in them both.
The teenager added another goal to his tally in the Europa League tie with Malmo on Thursday night.
Chelsea eased through as they secured a 5-1 aggregate win to make it into the last 16.
But speaking after the match to BT Sport, Hudson-Odoi confirmed he hasn't been given any assurances about the final this weekend.
"I’m happy with the result first of all," he said. "All of the boys worked really hard, we played really well throughout the game and I think our mentality was strong.
‘We knew they were going to come out fast because they needed to get a goal so we paced ourselves well throughout and I think we deserved the result that we got.
"I’m happy with the goal, obviously that’s a bonus for the good work that the team did today."
Asked about if he had done enough to start against City, Hudson-Odoi said: "I don’t know.
"I feel today the performance of the team was very good and hopefully I did well and made an impact on the game."
Maurizio Sarri hits out at Chelsea fans that booed Jorginho when he came on as they sung Hudson-Odoi's name throughout.
"I think that in the first 30 minutes we understood why Jorginho is very important for our team," Sarri said. "We were in trouble to exit from our half with the pressing.
"With Jorginho, it is easier, I think. I would hope that our fans would be able to understand that Jorginho for us is really a very important player."
"I think that we played the first 30 minutes without confidence - we were nervous.
"We were unable to move the ball very fast and we were in trouble with their pressing."
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Shock as Tottenham Hotspur star collapses while on holidayFootball 1 week ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- Mbappe sent off as PSG lose in French Cup finalFootball 2 months ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 4 weeks ago