Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matches
Manchester United will be without Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard for Monday's FA Cup clash at Chelsea with both sidelined for up to three weeks after picking up injuries during Tuesday's Champions League defeat by Paris Saint-Germain.
The in-form duo will also miss Liverpool's visit to Old Trafford in the Premier League on February 24 and face a race against time to make the second leg of the last 16 tie against PSG in the French capital on March 6.
"I think they'll be out for two-to three weeks," United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Friday.
Martial sustained a groin problem in the early stages of Solskjaer's first defeat in charge, but was able to carry on until half-time before being substituted.
England international Lingard pulled up with a hamstring injury towards the end of the first half.
United sorely missed both players after the break as PSG struck twice in quick succession through Presnel Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe to leave Solskjaer's side with a mountain to climb if they are to reach the last eight of the Champions League.
- Wanyama returns as Spurs beat LeicesterFootball 1 month ago
- Xhaka, Aubameyang on target as Arsenal climb over Man United into top 4Football 1 week ago
- Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga “is fine” after appearing unsteady on a podiumFootball 1 month ago
- Italian golfer 22-year-old Migliozzi conquers Karen to pocket Sh20.5 mSports 3 days ago
- Liverpool FC: Can the Reds go all the way and break the record?Football 3 weeks ago
- Zarika gets ready for Phiri rematchBoxing 1 month ago
- Why I turned down Real Madrid more than once – WengerFootball 1 month ago