Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matches
Manchester United will be without Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard for Monday's FA Cup clash at Chelsea with both sidelined for up to three weeks after picking up injuries during Tuesday's Champions League defeat by Paris Saint-Germain.
The in-form duo will also miss Liverpool's visit to Old Trafford in the Premier League on February 24 and face a race against time to make the second leg of the last 16 tie against PSG in the French capital on March 6.
"I think they'll be out for two-to three weeks," United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Friday.
Martial sustained a groin problem in the early stages of Solskjaer's first defeat in charge, but was able to carry on until half-time before being substituted.
England international Lingard pulled up with a hamstring injury towards the end of the first half.
United sorely missed both players after the break as PSG struck twice in quick succession through Presnel Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe to leave Solskjaer's side with a mountain to climb if they are to reach the last eight of the Champions League.
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 week ago
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 week ago
- Wenger reveals his football future plans Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 2 weeks ago