GOLF: Players miss chance to drive away new car
A large number of 216 golfers missed a chance to drive home a new Mitsubishi ASX Deluxe after missing a hole-in-one at the shortest par three-18th hole during the Nyali Captain’s (Taib Bajaber) 2018 Prize golf tournament.
The Mitsubishi worth Sh3.8 million from Simba Colt Motors, which was parked at the 18th tee, was on offer to any golfer who made a hole-in-one on that hole during the tourney hosted to bid farewell to the outgoing Club Captain, Taib Bajaber.
The two-day tournament, which was sponsored by Qatar Airways and Kitui Flour Millers, saw Mombasa County Speaker Aharub Khatri emerge the overall winner on a 35 differential points.
The handicap 26 golfer, who started playing golf one year ago, posted 73 nett and 38 points in both days to claim the 2018 Captain’s prize and register his name in the club’s leader board for the first time.
“Today I have come to believe that one does not need to play golf for over 15 years to win. I have made it today in such a big event and anybody can do the same,” said Khatri.
South African-based Kenyan golfer and a member of the national golf team Daniel Nduva, playing off handicap minus 1, claimed the men winner slot on 36 differential points (72-36).
Overnight leaders handicap 24, Lawrence Odhiambo from Mombasa Club, was the men runner-up on a count back score of 37 differential points (68-31).
He tied on points with club mate handicap 10 Miqdad Walji , who was placed third.
The outgoing club captain Taib Bajaber urged members to support the club.
Bajaber was addressing members and guests at the Club house on Sunday evening during the prize giving ceremony that was graced by the Mombasa County Governor Hassan Joho.
- Wanyama’s salary revealed online!Football 1 week ago
- Arsenal-mad dad puts up Sh340,000 for hypnotist to cure son of supporting TottenhamGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Captain Kompany keeps Man City on course for Premier League titlePremier League 1 month ago
- La Liga round 37 preview: Getafe look to complete miracle top-four finish at BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago
- School games: Kakamega, Dagoretti reach rugby 15s semisRugby 2 months ago
- Athletics Kenya drops two athletes over Testosterone levelsAthletics 1 month ago
- ‘Girls now send me naked photos’ – football star teenager speaks on his successFootball 2 months ago