Arsenal close to securing first January signing
Arsenal are on the verge of making their first January transfer signing by closing in on Denis Suarez, it has been reported.
The Barcelona midfielder, 24, has been heavily linked with the club for some time but it appears a move is now coming to fruition.
Suarez is currently struggling for game time at the Nou Camp, having only featured in six appearances this season.
Unai Emery previously worked the midfielder at Sevilla, where he spent the 2014/15 season on loan.
According to Gianluca Di Marzio , Arsenal are leading the race to sign Suarez and are now set to pull the trigger.
Suarez was previously on Manchester City's books and in 2017 they landed a £700,000 windfall after he made his 40th Barcelona appearance.
Having spent two years in the academy at the Etihad, Suarez moved back to Spain in 2013 when he penned a four-year deal at the Nou Camp.
- Caster Semenya loses landmark legal case over testosterone levelsAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Brilliant Messi seals another La Liga title for BarcelonaFootball 3 weeks ago
- What Liverpool must do to win Premier League this seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods: Obama, Trump, Serena Williams join Twitter frenzyGolf 1 month ago
- Dandora stadium to be ready in July, Sonko saysFootball 1 month ago
- How Liverpool have forced Real Madrid to change Hazard transfer plansFootball 5 days ago
- Kenyan runner Wambui fears testosterone rules will end careerAthletics 4 days ago