Arsenal close to securing first January signing
Arsenal are on the verge of making their first January transfer signing by closing in on Denis Suarez, it has been reported.
The Barcelona midfielder, 24, has been heavily linked with the club for some time but it appears a move is now coming to fruition.
Suarez is currently struggling for game time at the Nou Camp, having only featured in six appearances this season.
Unai Emery previously worked the midfielder at Sevilla, where he spent the 2014/15 season on loan.
According to Gianluca Di Marzio , Arsenal are leading the race to sign Suarez and are now set to pull the trigger.
Suarez was previously on Manchester City's books and in 2017 they landed a £700,000 windfall after he made his 40th Barcelona appearance.
Having spent two years in the academy at the Etihad, Suarez moved back to Spain in 2013 when he penned a four-year deal at the Nou Camp.
- Tottenham star arrested on suspicion of assaulting girlfriendPremier League 3 days ago
- SportPesa Premier League: Homeboyz in fight for lifeFootball 1 day ago
- James Odu Cobra: Gone but not forgottenFootball 1 day ago
- Kabras thrash Nondies to consolidate Kenya Cup leadRugby 2 hours ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 1 month ago
- Gor eager to dim New Stars: Kenyan champions need to be at their best as they face New Stars of CameroonFootball 2 hours ago
- Broke Gor Mahia coach Kerr jogged from Kileleshwa to Jericho for trainingFootball 1 month ago