Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu Stadium
Homeboyz defang Leopards, Mathare hit Nzoia
Kakamega Homeboyz thrashed AFC Leopards 3-0 in this Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match at Bukhungu Stadium yesterday.
Goals from Peter Thiongo, Maxwell Ravel and George Mandela ensured the home team made it two wins in a row.
It was a disheartening result for Leopards who last weekend failed to go past Kariobangi Sharks after the match ended in a 1-1 tie.
Leopards looked determined to get something from the match going by their performance at the start.
But the honeymoon ended at the quarter hour mark when Peter Thionga controlled the ball into space and netted the opener.
Despite several attempts to come back, Leopards failed to break down the Homeboyz backline and instead conceded the second goal in the 70th minute this time Maxwell Ravel netting from close range.
The rout ended in the 83rd minute with George Mandela on target for Homeboyz to make it wins in a row after they had stopped KCB in last weekend’s season opener.
Also winning big were Mathare United who thrashed Nzoia Sugar 3-0 away to also have a perfect start to the season. The slum boys had stopped Chemelil Sugar 2-0 last weekend.
Andrew Juma, Cliff Nyakaya and Chrispine Oduor were the scorers for United.
At Chemelil Complex, the hosts Chemelil Sugar drew 1-1 against visiting Vihiga United.
Vihiga scored first in the 17th minute after Vincent Wonder’s strike.
Chemelil equalised in the 83rd minute through Gilbert Wangulu.
Chemelil will be happy to get a point at home after losing last weekend away to Mathare United.
- Photos: Ronaldo wins second trophy as Juventus clinch eighth consecutive Serie A titleFootball 4 weeks ago
- 29th edition of Great Rift 10-a-side rugby kicks off in styleRugby 1 month ago
- Diego Maradona’s daughter 'walked in on him taking drugs'Football 1 month ago
- Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next seasonFootball 1 week ago
- Kenya Rules London: Eliud Kipchoge wins 2019 marathon in styleAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Just like Mourinho - Why Solskjaer is in deep trouble at Manchester UnitedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Guardiola reacts after Tottenham beatingFootball 1 month ago