Sofapaka coach vows to ship out Bandari boys
Batoto ba Mungu have won against Mount Kenya United and Shabana this season.
Sofapaka coach Melis Medo has said his side are well motivated ahead of tomorrow’s SportPesa Premier League (SPL) top-of-the-table clash against Bandari at Machakos Stadium.
Sofapaka won their opening match of the season against Mount Kenya United and followed it up with a 3-1 victory over Shabana to lift Wednesday’s Jamuhuri Day Cup.
Medo believes the results have given his side the morale to see off Bandari who are equally motivated after picking all three points against champions Gor Mahia.
“It is going to be a tough match for both sides. My players are highly motivated after their season opener win. But we also know that Bandari are equally motivated after they won against Gor Mahia. This makes it an interesting fixture.”
Medo, who ditched Mount Kenya United (formerly Nakumatt), believes his playing formation is working perfectly after the matches against Shabana and his former club.
“I have been looking at a few combinations and want to express confidence that it is working out well.”
For victory, Sofapaka have one of the strongest striking forces in the league with team captain Stephen Waruru expected to lead the attack. The former Ulinzi Stars forward looks highly motivated and was rightfully given the arm band which has seen him lead from the front.
There is also Kepha Aswani who on a good day can deliver the goals. Bandari have been on an upsurge since signing up youthful coach Bernard Mwalala.
The team looks organised and focused and remain one the favourites to win the SPL title this season. Being their first away match, the results will tell a lot on whether they are ready.
- Formula One: Hamilton and Bottas warned by Mercedes chiefSports 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea manager Sarri charged with misconductFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Confed: How Gor Mahia shot themselves in the foot against RS BerkaneFootball 1 month ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 1 month ago
- Shock as Pogba’s agent banned days to summer transfer windowFootball 2 weeks ago
- Fifteen teams set to battle for Sevens crownRugby 1 month ago