Kabras face Impala test in crunch Kenya Cup tie
The sides’ unbeaten records are on the line as they face off in Kakamega today.
Log leaders Kabras Sugar will today host second placed Impala Saracens at the ASK Showground in Kakamega, a tie that highlights round five action of the 2018/19 Kenya Cup.
Separated by three points, Kabras and Impala are the only unbeaten sides in the top-flight.
One of them could, however, relinquish their invincible tag as the league takes a three-week break after today.
While the 2016 champions Kabras have been blowing as away opponents for fun this term, Impala have been forced to dig deep, having marginally won all their four matches.
Impala coach Frank Ndong’ has described the Sugar millers as a solid team ahead of the showdown set for 4pm.
“Kabras are very strong in set pieces and that is an area we shall have to fix. Our defence must also click because they(Kabras) will come hard at us and one missed tackle could prove costly,” Ndong’ told Standard Sports.
With 190 points in four matches, Kabras are the best scoring team in the division.The Henly Du Plessis’-coached team also boasts the meanest defence as they have let in 31 points.
Elsewhere,the Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) Sports Club in Ruaraka will host a double-header with defending champions KCB confronting Homeboyz in a fixture that has always generated a lot of talking points.
KCB head to the contest on the back of a 22-13 win over Kenya Harlequin last weekend while Homeboyz, who have had a far from convincing start to the campaign chalked up a narrow 31-28 victory at Menengai Oilers.
In today’s early kick-off scheduled for Ruaraka, Kenya Harlequin face Nondescripts, who until last weekend, were enjoying a fairytale run only for Mwamba to hand them their first loss of the season.
For Quins coach Charles Cardovillis,their execution in the final third will be vital.
“It will be about keeping our concentration and executing clinically. I also got a few partnerships wrong in past matches.”
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 week ago
- Shame: Some Gor Mahia players arrived at Kasarani on bodabodasFootball 3 months ago
- La Liga round 38 preview: Valencia out to hold on to top four spotFootball 2 months ago
- Boxing: Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch confirmedBoxing 3 months ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago