Messi meets with Pogba, here’s why
Paul Pogba's meeting with Lionel Messi in Dubai has got Manchester United fans speculating over his future.
The Frenchman bumped into Messi at Salt Bae's Turkish steak house and the pair were seen deep in conversation.
Pogba's future has been an interesting topic for some time amid reports of a bust-up with boss Jose Mourinho, which saw him lose the United vice-captaincy.
While there relationship is thought to have improved, Pogba continues to be linked with a move away with Barcelona interested.
The Catalan giants are big admirers of Pogba although they would not be willing to go anywhere near United's valuation, believed to be £200m.
Barca would likely only go for half of that for the World Cup winner, who missed France's UEFA Nations League defeat to the Netherlands through injury.
Unsurprisingly, the images of Pogba speaking to Barca's talisman have got United fans fearing the worst.
Pogba is reported to have been telling Messi about France's chant for N'Golo Kante which includes a line about 'stopping' the Argentine superstar - in reference to the World Cup last 16 match in Russia this summer.
A clip of the conversation emerged on social media with Messi laughing and insisting that is a lie.
- Boxing: Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch confirmedBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Schalke coach Tedesco rules out resigning despite 7-0 mauling at Man CityFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]Football 1 week ago
- Wazito FC President Ricardo Badoer uses ‘F’ word on his playersFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Pogba wants 'happy coach' Solskjaer to stayPremier League 1 month ago
- ‘I’ll be back in one or two weeks’ – Injured Ronaldo speaksFootball 3 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods’ Masters win summed up in PhotosGolf 5 days ago