City’s Mendy answers Trump’s tweet
France defender Benjamin Mendy provided a brief response to a tweet from Donald Trump, reminding the United States president of the nation’s recent World Cup success.
Trump criticised Emmanuel Macron on Twitter after his French counterpart appeared to rebuke the US leader in a speech condemning nationalism.
Mendy – the Manchester City and France full-back – had his say on social media on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old, who was part of France’s World Cup-winning squad in Russia, replied to Trump, writing: “Don’t worry bro” along with two stars, representing the nation’s two championships.
Amid his criticism of the president of France, Trump had tweeted: “MAKE FRANCE GREAT AGAIN!”
France claimed their second World Cup and first since 1998 with a 4-2 win over Croatia in the final in July.
- Malkia Strikers: These beauties have won the hearts of many but…[Photos]Volleyball and Handball 1 week ago
- Expanded 2022 World Cup to generate $300-400 million windfallFootball 1 month ago
- Shame: Some Gor Mahia players arrived at Kasarani on bodabodasFootball 1 week ago
- Fury over disallowed goal as Gor Mahia lose in AlgeriaFootball 1 month ago
- Target shooting: Kenyan father and son return home with medalsSports 5 days ago
- Arsenal Warm weather training in Dubai (photos)Football 4 weeks ago
- Kenya Open top dogs have their sayGolf 1 month ago