HUGE BLOW: Bayern Munich star out for weeks with knee ligament injury
Bayern Munich’s James Rodriguez will be sidelined for several weeks after partially tearing a ligament in his left knee, the German champions said on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old Colombia international sustained the injury in training on Tuesday, the club said, and will now need at least 10 days before being able to start therapy and his recovery.
“Bayern will have to make do without James Rodriguez for the coming weeks,” it said in a brief statement.
The injury could not have come at a worse time for Bayern, who have dropped to fifth in the Bundesliga following their 3-2 loss to leaders Borussia Dortmund last week.
The Bavarians are already without injured midfielders Corentin Tolisso and Kingsley Coman. The Bundesliga resumes next week after an international break.
- Death robs Kenya of another rugby playerRugby 1 month ago
- Plenty to play for – K’Ogalo coach Oktay gracious in Zamalek defeatFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star charged with drunk driving after ‘nasty crash’ in ManchesterFootball 2 weeks ago
- Why Alexis Sanchez is the highest paid player in Premier League (Sh52 million per week)Football 1 month ago
- NOCK pleads with government to save headquarters from being auctionedAthletics 1 month ago
- Neymar in trouble, charged for rant after UCL loss to Man UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- How Menengai Oilers RFC whitewashed rivalsRugby 4 days ago