HUGE BLOW: Bayern Munich star out for weeks with knee ligament injury
Bayern Munich’s James Rodriguez will be sidelined for several weeks after partially tearing a ligament in his left knee, the German champions said on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old Colombia international sustained the injury in training on Tuesday, the club said, and will now need at least 10 days before being able to start therapy and his recovery.
“Bayern will have to make do without James Rodriguez for the coming weeks,” it said in a brief statement.
The injury could not have come at a worse time for Bayern, who have dropped to fifth in the Bundesliga following their 3-2 loss to leaders Borussia Dortmund last week.
The Bavarians are already without injured midfielders Corentin Tolisso and Kingsley Coman. The Bundesliga resumes next week after an international break.
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 23 hours ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya battle Zambia for final berthFootball 17 hours ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 4 days ago
- Finally! Chelsea boss Sarri reveals what they did to Man City to end their unbeaten runFootball 5 days ago
- Aprot and Kimitei to light up Kapsokwony raceAthletics 17 hours ago
- Yaya Toure set for Premier League returnFootball 22 hours ago