Chelsea star 'given green light to leave club with Manchester United ready to pounce'
Gary Cahill has been given the green light to leave Chelsea on loan in January after falling out of favour under Maurizio Sarri, it has been caimed.
The England defender, 32, has only registered 21 minutes of Premier League action so far this season with the Italian boss preferring Antonio Rudiger and David Luiz at centre back.
Manchester United failed to sign a central defender in the summer and have shown plenty of fragilities at the back this term.
Jose Mourinho won the Premier League with Cahill as his primary centre-back, alongside John Terry, during the 2014/15 season at Chelsea. The Englishman could provide Mourinho with a short-term fix until United find a permanent solution in the summer.
Cahill has previously stated that he "will not accept not playing" and, according to Express Sport, Chelsea will not stand in his way if the right offer arrives.
United, Southampton , West Ham , Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday have all been mooted as destinations for the Champions League winner.
The defender's current deal at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of the season.
Manchester United have also been put on red alert over Marko Arnautovic.
The West Ham star has confessed he wants to play with the "best players", hinting at a West Ham exit.
"I’m 29, so that’s the best age," Arnautovic confessed to Austrian newspaper Kurier.
"It’s clear that I want to compete with the best players. But in this affair I totally trust my brother."
- Are Sports stars secondary in State Commendation?Sports 1 day ago
- City boss Pep reveals why they were beaten by ChelseaFootball 5 days ago
- Why Mourinho would be mad to play Lukaku in Manchester DerbyFootball 1 month ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Arsenal star out for rest of the seasonFootball 6 days ago
- Yaya Toure set for Premier League returnFootball 8 hours ago
- Wayne Rooney to make a return to England squadFootball 1 month ago