Nyanza Club hosts Co-operative Bank tournament
Over 50 golfers will today converge at the nine-hole Nyanza Golf Club for a one-day tournament.
Unlike the normal club night events, which are restricted to Nyanza Club caddies only, the tournament will attract golfers from Kakamega Golf Club, guest players invited by sponsors and Nyanza Club members.
This will be the first midweek competition, which is being sponsored by Co-operative Bank and offers an opportunity for Western golfers a chance to battle for top honours.
“We are happy to sponsor tomorrow’s event (Wednesday) which will be open to guest participants. Because of this year’s busy calendar schedule, we wanted to do something special towards promoting golf in the region,” said Cooperative Bank Branch Manager, Stephen Oucho.
“This will also prepare golfers for the upcoming Standard Group County Classic golf tournament.”
Club captain Samuel Deya said the tournament is a perfect bonding session for the players ahead of the Standard tournament at the weekend.
“The course is in good condition and we are ready for the tournament. Golfers will be playing fairly long and we are positive it will be an exciting tournament,” said Deya, an 18-handicapper.
The golfers from Nyanza are in top form, Deya added, making it almost impossible to predict the potential winners.
“I have confidence in Nyanza Club and I feel players from Kakamega will be in for a treat from handicap 5 golfer Raj Put.
- Rally: KNRC battle moves to Machakos CountySports 10 hours ago
- How Raila pumped K'Ogalo's camp in LiverpoolFootball 1 week ago
- I earn an indecent amount of money at PSG – Kylian MbappeFootball 3 days ago
- Equity, KCB battle in final roundSports 2 days ago
- Harambee Stars’ AFCON race is not done until fat lady singsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Kisii-based Shabana FC makes a return to the NSLFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 1 day ago