Nyanza Club hosts Co-operative Bank tournament
Over 50 golfers will today converge at the nine-hole Nyanza Golf Club for a one-day tournament.
Unlike the normal club night events, which are restricted to Nyanza Club caddies only, the tournament will attract golfers from Kakamega Golf Club, guest players invited by sponsors and Nyanza Club members.
This will be the first midweek competition, which is being sponsored by Co-operative Bank and offers an opportunity for Western golfers a chance to battle for top honours.
“We are happy to sponsor tomorrow’s event (Wednesday) which will be open to guest participants. Because of this year’s busy calendar schedule, we wanted to do something special towards promoting golf in the region,” said Cooperative Bank Branch Manager, Stephen Oucho.
“This will also prepare golfers for the upcoming Standard Group County Classic golf tournament.”
Club captain Samuel Deya said the tournament is a perfect bonding session for the players ahead of the Standard tournament at the weekend.
“The course is in good condition and we are ready for the tournament. Golfers will be playing fairly long and we are positive it will be an exciting tournament,” said Deya, an 18-handicapper.
The golfers from Nyanza are in top form, Deya added, making it almost impossible to predict the potential winners.
“I have confidence in Nyanza Club and I feel players from Kakamega will be in for a treat from handicap 5 golfer Raj Put.
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 2 hours ago
- Tottenham star arrested on suspicion of assaulting girlfriendPremier League 4 hours ago
- Warning shots: Guardiola tells Liverpool what Man City plan to doPremier League 1 day ago
- Snow maintains lead as Opati chargesGolf 1 day ago
- Gor Mahia want to take a hike up Mount KenyaFootball 15 hours ago
- Chelsea hunt for Fabregas replacement as Paredes ‘agrees terms’Gossip & Rumours 1 hour ago
- How Pogba could still leave Man United – and it’s because of CostaPremier League 5 days ago