I did not sodomise boy or demand Sh5,000 ransom coach at Camp Toyoyo – Top coach
A football coach was arraigned in court and charged with sodomising a minor.
Nickson Ambane Chitaga is alleged to have committed the offence within Camp Toyoyo playground on October 1. The court also heard that Ambane demanded Sh5,000 ransom so as to reveal the minor’s whereabouts after the ordeal. Police said the boy was hanging around the playground as he was reluctant to go back home since he had not completed his homework — and feared his parents would punish him.
The boy is alleged to have spent the night in the cold before meeting the suspect the following morning. Police said the accused attempted to lure him with beer and miraa, but he turned them down. The suspect is alleged to have dragged the boy to an alley around the playground and sodomised him. The court heard that the suspect threatened to kill the minor if he uttered a word to anyone.
Meanwhile, devastated parents had combed the estate in search of the boy, prompting them to report the matter to the police. They would later receive a call from an unknown person informing them that he knew where their son was and that he needed Sh5,000 in exchange.
The suspect would later take the boy to the chief’s camp ending the search. He was later arrested after the boy narrated his ordeal in the hands of Ambane.
Ambane, however, denied the charge and was set free on Sh300,000 bond. The case will be heard on October 5.
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Sh208million Sportpesa jackpot winner Cosmas Korir plans to launch tournamentFootball 17 hours ago
- Mourinho advised to drop Pogba from Liverpool clashFootball 1 day ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 5 days ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 1 day ago
- Footballer killed by lightning during goal celebration Football 3 days ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago