Paul Pogba struggles as France draw with Iceland - and fans have a very good explanation
World champions France looked set for defeat against Iceland in their latest friendly - before a dramatic Kylian Mbappe intervention,
Didier Deschamps' men would have been confident of victory in Guingamp but found themselves 2-0 down after goals from Birkir Bjarnason and Kari Arnason.
The France boss rang the changes for the clash although the likes of Antoine Griezmann, Raphael Varane and Paul Pogba all started.
Manchester United star Pogba put his club troubles behind him as he started in a deep midfield position alongside Roma's Steven N'Zonzi.
It was an unfamiliar pairing in the centre of the park for France with Blaise Matuidi and N'Golo Kante given a rare night off.
Pogba, alongside the rest of his teammates, was far from his best as they struggled against Iceland.
And shortly after the hour mark, he was replaced by Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele with Iceland winning 2-0.
For many watching, there was a key reason why Pogba was struggling...
Mbappe would have the last laugh though as he scored twice, his second a late penalty, to rescue a draw for Deschamps' men.
Pogba was excellent at the World Cup but he was aided by the legs and discipline of Kante.
The Chelsea midfielder appears as irreplaceable for his country as he does his club.
- Atletico manager responds after Ronaldo mocked him with crotch-grabbing celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Japan Olympic minister steps downOlympics 1 week ago
- Man United: Alexis out of Arsenal match?Football 1 month ago
- Ferguson's advice to Solskjaer on how to stop MessiFootball 1 week ago
- Motor racing: Hamilton wins Formula One's 1,000th raceSports 1 week ago
- Raheem Sterling's England's best player on and off the pitchFootball 4 weeks ago
- FIFA: Ultimate decision on 48-team 2022 World Cup set for JuneFootball 1 month ago