Ethiopia 0 Kenya 0: Stars draw with Ethiopia in AFCON qualifier
Kenya national team Harambee Stars settled for a 0-0 draw with Ethiopia in an AFCON qualifier match played at the Bahir Dar Stadium in Ethiopia.
Kenya had started off the first half stronger but they were unable to out-do the Ethiopians who had a tough defence.
Harambee Stars' last trip to Ethiopia was in the 2015 CHAN qualifiers where Kenya lost 2-0.
Kenya are three points away from making a return to the Africa Cup of Nations finals.
With Sierra Leone suspended, Harambee Stars, who last featured in the continental show-piece in 2004 now need to win against the Walya Antelopes in Sunday's return leg at Kasarani to secure a ticket to next year's finals in Cameroon with a game to spare.
Though Sebastiene Migné's men looked a bit intimidated by the hostile away crowd, they held their nerves to pick up a vital point which they badly needed.
- ‘This was the hardest decision of my career’ – Pep GuardiolaPremier League 21 hours ago
- How Kalonzo Musyoka can make Ukambani soccer great againFootball 1 day ago
- Wanyama: This is our timeFootball 3 days ago
- Yoweri Museveni meets Uganda Cranes, says better diet will improve players’ ‘shots’ (Photos) Football 1 week ago
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 3 days ago
- Rashford, Martial start for Man United as Morata leads the line for ChelseaPremier League 20 hours ago
- Rugby: ‘Pau’ appointed new Kenya Sevens head coachRugby 2 weeks ago