Ethiopia 0 Kenya 0: Stars draw with Ethiopia in AFCON qualifier
Kenya national team Harambee Stars settled for a 0-0 draw with Ethiopia in an AFCON qualifier match played at the Bahir Dar Stadium in Ethiopia.
Kenya had started off the first half stronger but they were unable to out-do the Ethiopians who had a tough defence.
Harambee Stars' last trip to Ethiopia was in the 2015 CHAN qualifiers where Kenya lost 2-0.
Kenya are three points away from making a return to the Africa Cup of Nations finals.
With Sierra Leone suspended, Harambee Stars, who last featured in the continental show-piece in 2004 now need to win against the Walya Antelopes in Sunday's return leg at Kasarani to secure a ticket to next year's finals in Cameroon with a game to spare.
Though Sebastiene Migné's men looked a bit intimidated by the hostile away crowd, they held their nerves to pick up a vital point which they badly needed.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 7 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 19 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Polo: Lachlan win Ndume title in Gilgil tiesSports 19 hours ago