Jumia to kick off FIFA 19 tournament in Kenya
Leading online retailer Jumia is set to host an official FIFA 19 gaming tournament at TRM Mall, Thika Road on 22 September, 2018.
The day-long event is expected to attract over 150 eager competitors with the winner taking home Ksh 50,000 in prize money, while the first and second runners-up will pocket Ksh 10,000 and Ksh 5,000 respectively.
The tournament will be run in knockout stages, with the last two players progressing to the Final stage. “We are excited to launch the Jumia Gaming Tournament allowing gamers to experience FIFA19 for the first time in Kenya.
The release of FIFA 19 is imminent and as fans eagerly await the popular football game on September 28th”, said Jumia Head of Category, Lugard Chakava. Spectators will also get the chance to take part in a raffle and win prizes during the gaming tournament.
To compete in the event, Jumia will be selling the exclusive tickets worth Ksh 150 from 14th-17th of September from 9 am on the platform.
Participants must be 18 years and above to participate. Fast fingers are expected as the tickets are expected to sell out quickly Main sponsors for the event include Hisense, Playstation, Asus and Dell.
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- UEFA set to introduce third European club competition after Champions and Europa LeagueFootball 1 week ago
- Kenyans in tough duel: Kenya’s Indiza, Andersen, Charania and Medaratti enter the final roundGolf 2 months ago
- Chelsea boss Sarri gives statement on Hazard and Courtois futuresGossip & Rumours 2 months ago