Arsenal training: Five things we noticed as Arsenal returned to training
Unai Emery and his Arsenal team hit the training ground on Wednesday ahead of their long trip up to Newcastle this weekend.
The Spaniard's side have won their last two Premier League matches on the trot, but come up against an increasingly desperate Magpies side, who are yet to taste victory this season after four games played.
Arsenal have no fresh injury concerns following the international break with Lucas Torreira, who hobbled off the pitch in Uruguay's win over Mexico, back in training with the rest of his team-mates.
Here are five things we noticed from what appeared to be a wild training session.
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang goes in flying
The Gabonese striker was the first to look a bit hyper on the training ground this Wednesday, as he tracked Matteo Guendouzi on the ball.
He did actually pretend to go flying in on the midfielder, in a bid to win back the ball.
But went through the motions instead, so as not to cause any injury to his team-mate.
Oh, and because it provided a brilliant opportunity to strike a pose.
2. Alexandre Lacazette is humble in victory
We're not quite sure what Alexandre Lacazette and Rob Holding were up to on the training ground on Wednesday.
Maybe they were taking part in a one-on-one game, or perhaps they'd just taken part in a foot race.
All we can tell you is Lacazette was the winner in whatever activity the duo undertook.
And well, he made sure his team-mate knew all about it.
3. Lucas Torreira gets the Nacho Monreal treatment
It was only a few days ago that Torreira was forced off the pitch during international duty, in Uruguay's win over Mexico.
The midfielder hobbled off at the break and was then pictured sitting on the bench with ice strapped to his leg.
Fortunately, he was back on the training ground on Wednesday showing no signs of an injury, meaning he's in contention to feature on the weekend.
Nice to see Nacho Monreal was concerned for his well-being.
4. What is going on here?
We're sure the Gunners players worked hard in training this week.
Well, we've heard Emery likes things done a certain way and that he demands the very best from his team.
But on Wednesday the squad resembled a group of kids on a school trip rather than a Premier League football team.
Still, looks like they had fun.
5. This is getting ridiculous now
And finally, just to drum home the fact the players had fun during Wednesday's session is this picture of Aubameyang.
The striker netted last time out for the Gunners in their 3-2 win over Cardiff City.
He seems to have rediscovered his shooting boots, so celebrated while doing his stretches on Wednesday.
What a session, eh? What a session.
- Gor Mahia want to take a hike up Mount KenyaFootball 10 hours ago
- Manchester United take action against Pogba for social media postFootball 3 weeks ago
- Brothers to Premier League duo Rashford and Arnold attacked at gunpointPremier League 1 day ago
- Golf-Weekend clubs round up results: Courageous junior girl Jamal floors veterans at NyaliGolf 2 days ago
- Mukuru beat Sarangombe to win Betway Community volleyball tournamentVolleyball and Handball 1 month ago
- Dennis Oliech finally finds his scoring boots [Photos] Football 6 days ago
- Latest update on Mourinho going back to Real Madrid after receiving request Football 1 month ago