Athletics: Chemususu Half Marathon gets Sh5m boost
The fifth edition of Chemususu Dam Half Marathon got a shot in the arm after receiving a Sh5million sponsorship deal ahead of the event on Saturday.
Speaking at the launch in Nairobi yesterday, Eldama Ravine Member of Parliament Moses Lessonet thanked the sponsors for their support of the annual event.
The sponsors included Rift Valley Services Board, Transnational Bank, Karen Roses, Kenya Power, Equity Bank, Kenya Commercial Bank, Kenya Rural Roads Authority and Rural Electrification Authority, among others.
The annual half Marathon, which was established to promote community conservation of the environment around water catchment areas in Eldama Ravine, has so far attracted 1,500 athletes.
"Having support from the cooperate sector that believes in good causes such as this, is testament of the great partnership our people enjoy with the organisation,” said Lessonet, who is also the race’s patron.
Winner of the half marathon will pocket Sh250, 000, which is an increase from the previous Sh100, 000. The event will also feature the 10km, 5km and veterans’ races. Winners in 10k will win Sh50, 000.
The races will start at Eldama Ravine town and end at Metipso Primary School. [Dennis Okeyo]
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 1 day ago
- Snow maintains Tour lead Golf 1 day ago
- Oliech comes off the bench to inspire GorFootball 15 hours ago
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 1 day ago
- Feel good factor: Man United's De Gea on course for new contractPremier League 2 hours ago
- Huge boost for Chelsea as they land top Juventus strikerGossip & Rumours 6 hours ago
- Ronaldo secures Italian Super Cup glory for JuventusFootball 16 hours ago