Athletics: Chemususu Half Marathon gets Sh5m boost
The fifth edition of Chemususu Dam Half Marathon got a shot in the arm after receiving a Sh5million sponsorship deal ahead of the event on Saturday.
Speaking at the launch in Nairobi yesterday, Eldama Ravine Member of Parliament Moses Lessonet thanked the sponsors for their support of the annual event.
The sponsors included Rift Valley Services Board, Transnational Bank, Karen Roses, Kenya Power, Equity Bank, Kenya Commercial Bank, Kenya Rural Roads Authority and Rural Electrification Authority, among others.
The annual half Marathon, which was established to promote community conservation of the environment around water catchment areas in Eldama Ravine, has so far attracted 1,500 athletes.
"Having support from the cooperate sector that believes in good causes such as this, is testament of the great partnership our people enjoy with the organisation,” said Lessonet, who is also the race’s patron.
Winner of the half marathon will pocket Sh250, 000, which is an increase from the previous Sh100, 000. The event will also feature the 10km, 5km and veterans’ races. Winners in 10k will win Sh50, 000.
The races will start at Eldama Ravine town and end at Metipso Primary School. [Dennis Okeyo]
- Olunga’s new club Kashiwa Reysol fighting hard to avoid relegationFootball 14 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 11 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 1 hour ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 11 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 11 hours ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 4 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago