Nicklas Bendtner 'arrested after taxi driver has jaw broken in Denmark'
Nicklas Bendtner was arrested after a taxi driver's jaw was broken in the early hours of Sunday morning, according to reports.
The former Arsenal striker, who now plays for Rosenborg, is understood to have been out in Copenhagen on Saturday night.
Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet claims Bendtner was charged by police.
A spokesman for the taxi company, DanTaxi, told the publication: "It's the name (Bendtner) that the driver has reported.
"The episode has taken place with the taxi company's employees.
"We are deeply shaken. This applies to everyone in the business. We have been informed internally, and of course this is something that has left us shaken.
"Copenhagen police confirmed to the newspaper that they received a report of violence against a taxi driver at 2.41am on Sunday."
Bendtner was not included in the Denmark squad to play Wales on Sunday night.
The 30-year-old has played for Wolfsburg, Nottingham Forest and now Rosenberg since leaving Arsenal in 2014.
He also spent time on loan at Sunderland, Birmingham and Juventus while contracted to the Gunners.
Mirror Football have contacted Bendtner's representatives for comment.
- Here’s the Harambee Stars team set to face Ethiopia in AFCON qualifier next monthFootball 3 hours ago
- Former Man United striker facing one-year-ban after testing positive for banned substanceFootball 8 hours ago
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 22 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Mourinho’s shocking words to Pogba after stripping him of captaincy revealedPremier League 1 hour ago
- ‘You will NEVER be captain again’ – Mourinho tells Pogba in training ground bust-upPremier League 6 hours ago
- ‘At this exact moment, I knew we were in trouble against Derby County’ – Mourinho confesses Football 2 hours ago