Nicklas Bendtner 'arrested after taxi driver has jaw broken in Denmark'
Nicklas Bendtner was arrested after a taxi driver's jaw was broken in the early hours of Sunday morning, according to reports.
The former Arsenal striker, who now plays for Rosenborg, is understood to have been out in Copenhagen on Saturday night.
Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet claims Bendtner was charged by police.
A spokesman for the taxi company, DanTaxi, told the publication: "It's the name (Bendtner) that the driver has reported.
"The episode has taken place with the taxi company's employees.
"We are deeply shaken. This applies to everyone in the business. We have been informed internally, and of course this is something that has left us shaken.
"Copenhagen police confirmed to the newspaper that they received a report of violence against a taxi driver at 2.41am on Sunday."
Bendtner was not included in the Denmark squad to play Wales on Sunday night.
The 30-year-old has played for Wolfsburg, Nottingham Forest and now Rosenberg since leaving Arsenal in 2014.
He also spent time on loan at Sunderland, Birmingham and Juventus while contracted to the Gunners.
Mirror Football have contacted Bendtner's representatives for comment.
- Returnee Muguna eyes titles with K'ogaloFootball 2 months ago
- Wanyama returns as Spurs beat LeicesterFootball 4 days ago
- Mathare, Gor Mahia and Leopards register winsFootball 1 month ago
- Jose Mourinho gets Sh2.5b in compensationFootball 22 hours ago
- This season’s title push is not a one-off – Liverpool’s future plans revealedFootball 2 weeks ago
- Think you can fight Anthony Joshua? You have 10 days Boxing 1 month ago
- Photos released: Body visible in wreckage of plane carrying Emiliano SalaFootball 1 week ago