Liverpool star reveals incredible rituals he performs before every match
Naby Keita has revealed he performs two pre-match rituals before every game - and both are incredibly heartwarming.
Liverpool's latest star, who joined this summer having agreed a deal last year, has featured in all of the Reds' opening four Premier League games.
The 23-year-old has impressed too, producing several moments of class backing up his £52million transfer fee.
In his first wide-ranging interview since joining the club, Keita faced questions from the fans. And the Guinean was asked if he has any pre-match superstitions.
"Firstly, before every game, I always speak with my mum," he told LiverpoolFC.com . "She really encourages me a lot.
"Then once I’m out on the field, I say a little prayer for my team and for everyone on the field, both sides, so that nothing bad happens, no-one gets injured.
"Yes, I do that every single game, pray for both sides so nothing untoward happens, like a bad injury."
Incredibly humble from the midfielder.
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- ‘I feel really good’ – Sir Alex Ferguson after emotional returnFootball 11 hours ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 12 hours ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 10 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 11 hours ago
- How football clubs can do more to help players battling depressionSports 7 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 12 hours ago