Liverpool star reveals incredible rituals he performs before every match
Naby Keita has revealed he performs two pre-match rituals before every game - and both are incredibly heartwarming.
Liverpool's latest star, who joined this summer having agreed a deal last year, has featured in all of the Reds' opening four Premier League games.
The 23-year-old has impressed too, producing several moments of class backing up his £52million transfer fee.
In his first wide-ranging interview since joining the club, Keita faced questions from the fans. And the Guinean was asked if he has any pre-match superstitions.
"Firstly, before every game, I always speak with my mum," he told LiverpoolFC.com . "She really encourages me a lot.
"Then once I’m out on the field, I say a little prayer for my team and for everyone on the field, both sides, so that nothing bad happens, no-one gets injured.
"Yes, I do that every single game, pray for both sides so nothing untoward happens, like a bad injury."
Incredibly humble from the midfielder.
- Paul Pogba attacks Jose Mourinho after 1-1 draw with WolvesFootball 10 hours ago
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez blasted for poor performanceFootball 8 hours ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 22 hours ago