Vivo Energy Kenya to give Dala Sevens Sh1 million boost
The stage is set for the penultimate round of the National Rugby Sevens series with Vivo Energy Kenya announcing a Sh1million shilling boost for the Dala Sevens in Kisumu this weekend.
Series leaders Homeboyz RFC are in the driving seat and will look to add to victories in 2016 and 2017 and in the process become the first team to win three consecutive cup titles on the trot in Kisumu.
Yesterday, Vivo Energy Kenya Lubricants Sales Marketing Manager, Stephen Gikonyo said they are looking forward to pumping up the game’s adrenaline.
“We are bringing the same energy to the Dala Sevens rugby tournament where we believe that the talent of current players and budding stars will be showcased,” Gikonyo said when unveiling the sponsorship.
Kenya Rugby Union Honourable Secretary, Jeff Gangla thanked Vivo Energy Kenya for supporting the tournament and appreciated their commitment in growing the sport both locally and internationally.
“We are excited by the entrance of Shell Fuels and their lubricants as sponsors for this year’s Dala Sevens Rugby leg. With corporate sponsorships like Vivo Energy Kenya’s guaranteeing the game’s growth, the potential to dominate the sport on a global stage in the near future is realistic,” Gangla said.
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 15 hours ago
- Shakava: Gor should start early Caf preparations Football 8 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 8 hours ago
- Leroy Sane to join Cristiano Ronaldo at JuventusGossip & Rumours 37 minutes ago
- Kiptanui, Kipkirui lined up for Delhi 121km raceAthletics 8 hours ago
- Golf: Why you should know your ballsGolf 1 day ago