Why Neymar prefers Arsenal transfer over Man United, Liverpool or Man City
Neymar would angle for a move to Arsenal if he was to swap Paris Saint-Germain for the Premier League, an insider has revealed.
Brazilian superstar Neymar opened up the door to a potential switch to England after admitting his desire to play under Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.
But City is unlikely to ever be the desired destination for Neymar - because of his love for London.
Neymar is a regular visitor to the capital and has friends based in the city.
Should Neymar ever be on the lookout for a move away from PSG, he is expected to push for a switch to Arsenal or Chelsea in favour of Manchester City, United or Liverpool.
Tottenham, given their strict wage structure, would unlikely be able to match Neymar's extortionate wage demands.
Speaking to the Daily Express, a source close to Neymar said: "He loves England - but mainly London. He has been there three or four times in the last 12 months.
"He says there is always something about London.
"The last time he kept ringing me up and begging me to join him because he loved it so much.
"He kept saying 'this place is amazing, this place is amazing'. He just loves London."
Neymar only speaks basic English but is said to be learning the language.
He is currently under contract at PSG until 2022 after moving for £200million in summer 2018, but it is widely believed that he will not see out the entirety of his deal.
Transfer links to Real Madrid remain, with a move back to Spain appearing to be a favoured option ahead of the Premier League.
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 17 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 3 days ago
- Gareth Bale falls out with fiancee’s criminal dad over baby boy Football 2 weeks ago
- Golf: Palmer leads visitors in claiming top nine positionsGolf 2 months ago