Chelsea beat Newcastle United 2-1
Eden Hazard put Chelsea ahead with a penalty after 76 minutes
* Substitute Joselu quickly levelled in a rare attack for hosts
* DeAndre Yedlin's late own goal gave Chelsea third win in a row
* Chelsea have three wins, matching perfect starts of Watford, Liverpool
* Chelsea host Bournemouth next, Newcastle visit Man City
Chelsea kept up their 100 percent start to the Premier League season by snatching a 2-1 win at a stubborn Newcastle United on Sunday, grabbing victory thanks to a late own goal by DeAndre Yedlin.
Eden Hazard had blasted Chelsea ahead in the 76th minute from the penalty spot after Swiss defender Fabian Schar had tripped Marcos Alonso, allowing the visitors a breakthrough after they had monopolised possession.
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez had played a dogged 5-4-1 formation in an effort to shut out his former club. They created little at the other end, but they drew level when Spanish forward Joselu headed in at the near post in the 83rd minute.
Chelsea got back in front with a fortuitous goal four minutes later from Yedlin, who had stretched his foot out to block a shot from Alonso which had looked to be going wide.
Chelsea join Liverpool and Watford at the top of the table on nine points after three games while Newcastle have one.
- Scorpions sting Vikings: KCAU hold Wazalendo to a 2-2 drawHockey 1 day ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- FIFA announce dates for 2022 Qatar World Cup World Cup 2018 2 months ago
- UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE: Here’s where to place your bets tonightFootball 2 weeks ago
- Kenyans in tough duel: Kenya’s Indiza, Andersen, Charania and Medaratti enter the final roundGolf 2 months ago
- Chelsea boss Sarri gives statement on Hazard and Courtois futuresGossip & Rumours 2 months ago