Liverpool flop pictured in Besiktas shirt
Loris Karius has been pictured in a Besiktas shirt for the first time.
The 25-year-old arrived in Istanbul to undergo a medical on Friday and is preparing to complete an initial two-year loan move worth £2.25million.
Besiktas are obligated to buy him for a further £7.25million in 2020 if certain performance criteria are met. These are related to appearances and the Turkish giants qualifying for Europe.
Liverpool will also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause if the deal becomes permanent.
Karius lost his place in the Liverpool team after his two mistakes in the Champions League final, as Real Madrid beat the Reds 3-1 last season.
The Anfield giants responded by signing Alisson from Roma for £67million this summer, paving the way for Karius to leave the club permanently.
Karius' transfer was held up by national public holidays in Turkey after the clubs thrashed out a deal on Monday, with the keeper being withdrawn from the Reds' squad for their Premier League win over Crystal Palace.
Besiktas announced the news in a rather bizarre way, posting an image of the keeper as their Twitter banner without mentioning it in a tweet.
The Turkish club sold keeper Fabricio Agosto Ramirez to Fulham for £5million earlier in this summer's transfer window.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 8 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 9 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 7 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 3 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 11 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 1 day ago
- Tottenham captain pleads guilty to 'drunk-driving' [Photos]Football 1 week ago